Talking to your doctor about erectile dysfunction is a huge step towards getting your sex life back, but it can be difficult. This guide is meant to help you prepare for your doctor’s appointment so that you can get back in the game as quickly as possible.
The first thing you need to do, of course, is prepare yourself mentally. If you are nervous to make an appointment with a doctor there are some things to remember:
- ED is a common issue – The doctors at Pinnacle Men’s Health have seen many other patients like you with the same problem and will not make you feel uncomfortable about your condition during your visit. There is nothing to be embarrassed about.
- ED is treatable – Your doctor will know how to treat your erectile dysfunction and can help you find the right treatment for your unique needs.
- You will feel great – When you receive treatment for ED in Baltimore, MD you can get your sex life back. Imagine how great that will feel as you make your appointment.
Your doctor will need some information from you in order to decide what treatment to prescribe for you. Make a few lists:
- Medications – Whether they are prescription, over-the-counter, vitamins, or homeopathic remedies your doctor will want to know about every medication you take. ED can be a side effect of a medication, so your doctor will want to make sure this is not the case before prescribing another treatment.
- Symptoms – You’ll want to gather up facts about your ED symptoms. For example – when did you begin having issues? How often do you experience it? Do certain circumstances affect it?
- Personal Info – ED symptoms can be brought on by stress or other factors in your life. Be sure to think about any major changes that have taken place in your life recently, or anything that may be stressing you out. If you’ve been experiencing depression or anxiety, it is a good idea to inform your doctor of this as well.
Pinnacle Men’s Health is your resource for sexual health treatments in Baltimore, MD. When you’re ready to talk to a doctor about erectile dysfunction, give us a call.
Erectile dysfunction is a health issue that no man wants to discuss, but almost 40% of men over the age of 40 and 70% of men 65 and older experience some form of it. It’s a surprisingly common issue that can be treated. In order to find the right treatment options for you, it’s important to discover what could be causing your performance issues.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction, also known as ED, is characterized by the difficulty to achieve and maintain an erection. It can also mean an uncharacteristically low sex drive that makes it difficult to perform when the time is right.
Causes of ED
Erectile dysfunction can be caused by a large variety of different factors, and these will affect the types of treatment that will work for you.
- Heart Disease – A decrease in healthy blood flow to your heart can also affect the blood flow to your penis, which makes staying or getting erect extremely difficult.
- Alcohol – Even a healthy young man will have problems in the bedroom if he has consumed too much alcohol because it slows down blood flow.
- High Blood Pressure – Any issue that affects the flow of blood in your body will also affect your ability to become erect.
- Diabetes – If you do not maintain your blood sugar at normal levels, it can deaden sensitive nerves and even damage the arteries in your penis. It is important to maintain a healthy eating and exercise plan to manage your diabetes.
- Medications – Unfortunately, ED is a side effect of certain medications.
- Obesity – Being overweight can contribute to things like heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes – all of which affect your sexual health.
- Performance Anxiety – If you are nervous in the bedroom, it can psych you out and prevent you from performing.
- Low Testosterone – Lower testosterone levels will negatively affect your sex drive and sexual ability.
- Prostate Issues – ED can be a sign of a much more dangerous condition like prostate cancer.
If you are experiencing erectile dysfunction, speak to a doctor at Pinnacle Men’s Health. We can provide a variety of treatment options for erectile dysfunction in Baltimore, MD and revitalize your sexual health.
Low testosterone – often called “Low T”, is often difficult to identify because it manifests itself as a variety of different conditions that affect your mental, emotional, and physical health. As men, maintaining adequate levels of testosterone is extremely important – and it’s not just for sexual health, like those male enhancement commercials imply. If you are experiencing the following symptoms, you may be experiencing testosterone deficiency:
- Erectile Dysfunction – The inability to get or keep an erection could be a sign that your testosterone levels are too low.
- Fatigue – If you’re noticing a significant decrease in energy, it’s never normal. Sometimes with low testosterone these changes happen subtly and are difficult to notice, but you should always pay attention to reduced energy.
- Gaining Weight – Rapid weight gain can be a sign of many health problems, including diabetes, but when seen in combination with these other symptoms it can point to Low T.
- Gynecomastia – The development of breasts in men is one of the most telltale signs that your testosterone levels are dropping.
- Osteoporosis – Over time, chronic low testosterone levels can reduce your bone density and cause increased risk of bone fracture.
- Low Sex Drive – If you aren’t as interested in sex as you once were, your hormones may be unbalanced.
- Difficulty Concentrating/Memory Problems – Although these issues sometimes come with age, low testosterone levels can exacerbate them.
- Depression – Mental health issues are caused by chemical imbalances in the brain. If your testosterone levels are reduced, you may experience depression and a loss of motivation or ambition.
- Irritability – If you are frequently feeling angry or agitated over seemingly insignificant things, it could point to low testosterone.
If you think you may be dealing with low testosterone in Baltimore, MD, there is help available. A knowledgeable doctor at Pinnacle Men’s Health can provide the best treatment options for your individual needs. Conact us to schedule an appointment today and undergo a simple blood test to find out if you have Low T.
Pinnacle Men’s Health specializes in treating men’s sexual health issues in an environment that is comfortable and discreet. We understand that sexual health issues are sensitive topics, so we go out of our way to ensure that you can receive treatment without anxiety. Our signage and exterior are nondescript and difficult to distinguish from the other medical offices. You will also find that our staff is entirely male, so they understand what you are going through and will provide you with the care you need without judgement. The team at our men’s health clinic in Baltimore, MD is dedicated to helping you revive your sexual health.
In this blog, we will discuss various topics related to your sexual health, including signs and symptoms to look out for, various treatment options for things like erectile dysfunction, low T, and more. If you are interested in taking care of your sexual health to ensure a long and healthy sex life – you should subscribe. We will provide you with many informative posts that will help you make smart decisions about your sexual health, and our doctors will provide you with the best treatments available.
Are you ready to experience optimum sexual health and wellness? Don’t let sexual health problems hold you back from enjoying an exciting sex life. Talk to our doctors today about how we can help you overcome erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, or low testosterone. Contact our friendly and knowledgeable staff today to schedule an appointment.