When it comes to men’s sexual health, it can be difficult to know who to turn to with your questions. If you are struggling with erectile dysfunction (ED) and want to understand more about the causes, you may need the help of a physician.
Here are some of the medical professionals that can help improve your sexual health:
• Family Doctor – Men who already have a primary care physician responsible for their routine care may bring their questions about ED to this doctor. Your family doctor may review your overall health, evaluate if any conditions that may be contributing to sexual dysfunction and, if necessary, prescribe medication to treat ED.
• Health Clinic – Another place to turn is a clinic that specializes in men’s sexual health. Pinnacle Men’s Health is an ED clinic in Baltimore, MD that provides care tailored to men. When you visit one of the medical doctors at this type of facility, you can receive assistance with ED, premature ejaculation, low testosterone and other sexual issues.
• Urologists – Urologists are specialists that are trained in the surgical and medical treatment of the reproductive system. This physician can evaluate conditions related to fertility as well as diseases affecting the urinary tract. ED is just one of the urologic conditions this specialist can treat.
• Endocrinologist – An endocrinologist can identify how conditions like diabetes or a hormone imbalance may be contributing to ED. This specialist examines how glands in the endocrine system impact certain bodily functions, including sexual development and reproduction.
• Mental Health Professional– A therapist, counselor or other mental health professional can help identify psychological issues that may be contributing to ED. Sometimes, treatment involves addressing a physical and emotional dynamic.
Learn more about how to take care of your sexual health at pinnaclemenshealthhartford.com.